Pregnancy – Assessment and Treatment
At Female Focus, assessment and treatment is available for women during pregnancy with a range of conditions / problems.
- Ante-Natal MOT Assessment:
- This is a specialist assessment of your breathing, posture, pelvic floor and abdominals. It assesses how these areas are changing during the course of your pregnancy. This assessment is suitable for any pregnant women over 12 weeks in gestation.
- Pregnancy Musculosketetal Assessment
- Suitable for women with pain such as Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP), back pain or sciatica
- Separation of the Rectus Abdominus muscle (Diastasis Recti)
Rehabilitation / treatment is bespoke for each individual and is aimed at reducing pain, improving function and preparing the body for labour. This will help to prevent issues postnatally.